- Fine Arts photographer Paddy Summerfield took photos of his aging parents over the course of ten years.
- Toward the end of their 60-year marriage, his mother developed Alzheimer’s, and his father took on the role of caretaker for his wife.
- He compiled the images into a personal and touching photo essay called “Mother and Father.”
- The heart-wrenching collection showcases his parents’ unwavering devotion to each other and provides an intimate look at enduring love and loss.
- The resulting images may break your heart.
Summerfield told Business Insider that he and his parents lived in their North Oxford England home throughout the series.
The garden in the backyard was where the photographer’s parents spent a lot of their time.
The majority of the photos were taken from the vantage point of a second story window overlooking the garden.
See the rest of the story at Business Insider