- Kit Harington spoke about the eighth and final season of “Game of Thrones” and life after the HBO series in an interview for NBC’s “Today” show.
- The 32-year-old actor said he’s happy to step away from “broody” characters for a bit after playing Jon Snow.
- “Way way back, I read this part for ‘Game of Thrones’ and it said how he’s a quiet, sort of brooding, grumpy young man, and I thought, ‘OK, well, I can probably try to do that,'” Harington, who’s been appearing in the Sam Shepard play, “True West,” in London, said. “That’s the character you become sort of attached to and you find it’s hard to break out of … but that’s what I’m loving about the moment because I’m in a play where I’m not playing a broody, quiet young man.”
- He also described how he feels about the hit show coming to an end.
- “It will be a relief once it’s done, but it will always be something I’m proud to talk about,” he said. “It will always be something I love.”
- Watch the full interview below.
READ A mom and her 7-year-old son had been left stranded within the Gulf of Mexico after their large inflatable swan drifted from shore - US
Join the conversation about this story »
READ Photos of the playful sleepy life on Japan's 'Cat Island,' where cats outnumber humans 8 to 1 - US
NOW WATCH: There are serious health reasons why you shouldn’t eat your boogers